We'll get you noticed in the crowd
The definitive guide to starting your own Marketing, PR or Advertising Business
You may have dreamt about it for years, but not felt comfortable to make the jump. You may have had some great bosses, but have always wanted to be the boss of your own marketing business. Well, this is the guide that will give you all the tools and resources that you need to start your own marketing, PR or Advertising agency.
Marketers are the beating heart of a business. They create the demand that keeps the business operating and profitable. They help to develop new products that make their customers happy. They help to define and mange the business by advocating and promoting its values to its employees. Marketing is an all encompassing role within a business that bonds you tightly to it. With a career spent growing and promoting other people's businesses its obvious that at some point in their career the marketer is going to want to build their own business, something that they can call theirs.
The ultimate list of resources for starting your own Marketing, PR or Advertising Agency.
How to start your business from scratch, building a website that generates leads and how to market your agency.
- Taking the decision to start your own agency
- How to set up a marketing business successfully
- Everything you'll need to start your own agency
- Having a goal and mission to create a valuable business
- How to build a marketing business that will make money
- Drive traffic and generate leads with a successful website
- How to market your marketing agency and win business
- Amazing case studies
Taking the decision to start your own agency
You have spent years mastering your craft and have the battle scars to prove it. You have successfully promoted businesses for other people. You have leadership experience and you think it's time to go out on your own. You need a new challenge and starting your own marketing business or agency is exactly what you want to do. You just haven't made that decision completely yet. Here are some resources to help you to decide if you are ready to start your own marketing agency.
- Taking the jump and starting my marketing agency
- 5 Signs you are ready to start your own business
- Top 10 reasons to start your own business
- How to start a business while working
- Tax on self-employment income whilst being employed
- When to quit your job and start your own business
How to set up a marketing business successfully
Whether you are planning on setting up a Marketing, PR, Internet Marketing company or going freelance the lessons learned and passed on by other marketing companies are incredibly valuable. The key to setting up successful marketing company is making sure that its foundations are solid so learn from other peoples mistakes and don't make them yourself, set up your marketing business successfully!
- 20 Lessons for starting up an internet marketing agency
- 5 Critical Mistakes to avoid when starting your agency
- Do's and don'ts of starting your own PR agency
- What does it take to start an advertising agency
Everything you'll need to start your own agency
So you have decided to take the plunge and start your own agency. But where next? What's the next stage in the process? Below are some resources that will help you to register and start your own marketing business as well find the right people to help you manage it.
- How to register your marketing business
- How to set up a business today
- 10 steps to starting a business
- The best way to find a good accountant
- Best value business banking and rates
- Working from home or to rent an office?
Having a goal and mission to create a valuable business
You are a marketer, you know the importance of having clear and defined goals. A mission helps to give you direction and tells you which way to drive the business. Your values define who you and your brand are, how customers and suppliers will perceive you and how you will do business. Successful businesses know exactly which direction they are heading in so define your brand and point your business compass with these helpful resources now.
- 6 Core values a start-up should have
- How to start a values based business
- Creating vision, values and a mission
- Why business ethics are so important
- 10 Steps to develop your companies core values
How to build a marketing business that will make money
You have set up a great agency, your business has its compass pointed forwards and you are heading in the right direction.
But how are you going to make money? Which type of business model are you going to use?Here are some examples of the different agency models and how are other successful marketing, advertising and PR companies making their money?
- The different types of agency model
- Re-inventing the agency business model
- Threats to the agency model
- Subscription Billing Strategies
- The agency business model in a world of in-housing
Drive traffic and generate leads with a successful website
Your website will be the centre of your marketing strategy, you have to get it right! A great website is not necessarily an expensive one, but it does take some thought and consideration to create a good website that converts web traffic into clients. These resources are focused on getting this critical part of your marketing right and helping you to generate leads from your website.
- How to build your own business website in 6 steps
- How to choose the perfect URL
- Top 10 CMS for digital marketing
- Make sure your clients love your website
- Generating leads via SEO
How to market your marketing agency and win business
You have a great back office set up, your website is fantastic and your clients are going to love it. Now you just need to find those clients. As a marketer you know that there are a huge amount of ways to promote and market yourself. Here are some of the best resources that are out there on promoting your business and finding clients. Use these resources to define your new business strategy.
- 20 great ways to get new business
- How to market a marketing agency
- 25 ways marketing agencies market themselves
- How the best agencies market themselves
- 10 online lead generation ideas that work
- How to market yourself on Linked In
- 50 Best marketing strategies for small business
- Relationships, referrals and reputation to generate leads
- 7 ways agencies win new business
- Free Advertising with Linked In, Google and Bing
- Best practices to win more business
Amazing case studies and motivation
Finally we have put together some inspirational case studies and resources to really get you motivated. Remember all businesses start small, all have to begin as startups but they don't have to stay that way!
We hope that you enjoyed our definitive guide to starting your own marketing business. If you are starting your own marketing business, why not send us an email and let us know how you are getting on, or alternatively leave a comment in the box below. We wish you all the best of luck with your new business!
Improve Marketing is a marketing agency based in Suffolk who work with customers all over the UK at improving their marketing. Among our services we offer white label products and consultancy to Marketing, Advertising, PR and Creative agencies who want to diversify their offerings and generate additional revenue.
If you are interested in any of our services and fancy a chat, why not get in touch, we would love to talk to you.
Comments for this post are now closed. Thanks to all who contributed.